OpenPlans is a nonprofit dedicated to building tools that facilitate civic action and make governments more transparent. OpenPlans believes that easy-to-use, smart technology can empower citizens to tackle urban planning issues more effectively.
- Project for Public Spaces
Features placemaking tools including downloads, images, and city commentaries.
- Transportation Alternatives
Crashstat maps of NYC street accidents, information about active campaigns, and walking and cycling resources.
- The Municipal Art Society – Planning Center
Event information and publications regarding community-based planning. Features the Community Information Technology Initiative (CITI) project that provides a wealth of data on New York City land use.
- Traffic Calming
More information about traffic calming, including its history, types of measures, and effects.
- Wikipedia Article on Traffic Calming
- Mayor’s Community Assistance Unit
Find out about temporary street closures for block parties and other events.
- Gotham Gazette Comunity Board
To find out about and check on happenings in your community.
- NYCBusiness Improvement District
- NYC Chamber of Commerce